Registrar of Voters
501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Important Information for Southbury Voters for 2022
General Election - November 8, 2022
- Election for Governor and Lieutenant Governor, U.S. Senator, Representative in Congress, Secretary of the State, Treasurer, Comptroller, Attorney General, State Senator, State Representative and Judge of Probate
- November 1: Deadline to Register IN PERSON, BY MAIL and ONLINE
Hand delivered registrations must be received by the registrars by this date and mailed registrations must be postmarked by this date. The Registrars office will be open until 8:00 pm.
11:59 p.m. on this date is also the deadline to register to vote online. (Click to go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.)
- November 7: Limited Registration Session
Last day to register if you have become 18 years of age, become a citizen, are a serviceman discharged within the past year or moved to Southbury since November 1. The office will be open until 5:00pm.
- November 8: Election Day Registration
This is available to those who are a U.S. citizens, 18 years of age and a bona fide resident of the municipality. Identification is required - the voter must prove their identity and residence. For the greatest convenience electors are encouraged to register by the appropriate deadlines whenever possible. Election Day voter registration will take place at Southbury Town Hall in room 201. Electors already in line at 8pm can still register and vote. All same day applicants MUST cast the ballot immediately after registration.
- Absentee Ballots: Available October 7, 2022. Click for information and application forms
- Click to view sample ballot for District 1, District 2, District 3.
- Click to view explanatory text for the Ballot Question.
- Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6AM - 8PM.
The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
NOTE: Recent redistricting in the State of Connecticut has caused a change of voting locations and legislative districts for SOME addresses in Southbury. Go to southbury-ct.org/findpollingsite to see if your address was affected. (All of Heritage Village remains unchanged.)
Voters must provide identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S. Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).
Absentee Ballots: click for information and application forms.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.