501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm (Recordings until 4:00pm)
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm (Recordings until 12:30pm)
Pursuant to Executive Order 10E, COVID-19 may be used as a valid reason for requesting a ballot for the Referendum.
Obtaining an absentee ballot is a two-step process:
- First, you must complete an application which must be verified by the office of the Town Clerk
- Then an absentee ballot will be issued to you.
Any person who will distribute five (5) or more absentee ballot applications to persons other than the individual's immediate family must register and obtain forms from the Town Clerk of the municipality where such forms will be distributed before distributing such forms.
Steps to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Complete the Ballot Application.
- Return the signed application to Town Clerk’s office. Note: A signed Absentee Ballot Application must be received by the Town Clerk before an Absentee Ballot can be mailed out.
- Mail the completed application to: Town Clerk's Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488 OR
- Deposit the completed application in the State of Connecticut Official Ballot Drop Box (accessed from the upper parking lot and located on the left side of the building) OR
- Scan and email to email@example.com. Ballots will be sent out when the scanned application is received, but returned ballots cannot be counted if the original signed application has not been received prior to the Primary or Election. OR
- Fax the completed application (203) 264-9762. Ballots will be sent out when the faxed application is received, but returned ballots cannot be counted if the original signed application has not been received prior to the Primary or Election.
- When you receive the Absentee Ballot in the mail, fill it out, sign and seal. Please take special care to follow the instructions that are included in the envelope. If the materials you return are not properly signed and sealed, your vote will not be counted on Referendum Day.
- Return Absentee Ballot to Town Clerk’s office:
- Mail the completed ballot to: Town Clerk's Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488 OR
- Deposit the completed ballot in the State of Connecticut Official Ballot Drop Box at the Southbury Town Hall (accessed from the upper parking lot and located on the left side of the building - follow signs to location.)
- Ballots must be returned to the office of the Southbury Town Clerk before the close of the polls, 8:00PM on the day of the Referendum.
- If you want to see if your absentee ballot was received you can track it here.
- The last day to apply for an absentee ballot is the day before Referendum Day. Voter can come to the Town Hall that day to complete an application, then a ballot will be issued to them. Please call Town Clerk's office to make arrangements.
- For more information about absentee ballots please visit the Secretary of the State website.
Permanent Absentee Ballots