561 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Southbury Senior Center
Southbury Senior Center serves as a community resource as well as an activity center. Resources and support include:
- Year round monthly Medicare and Medicaid counseling
- Weekly counseling during the annual Medicare Open Enrollment period
- A robust volunteer program
- Discounted monthly haircuts
- Tailor/seamstress services
- Free AAA Safe Driver course
- Free tax prep service by Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program through the IRS and Connecticut Association of Human Services
- On site Municipal Agent, providing resources and support for all issues facing seniors and their families
- On site Municipal Veteran Representative providing resources and support for all issues concerning Southbury Veterans
Southbury Senior Center is located at 561 Main Street South in Southbury.
The normal hours of the Southbury Senior Center are Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. except holidays. Occasional programs may be scheduled during evening and weekend hours. The front counter of the Center opens at 9:00 a.m.
Membership is open to both residents and non-residents of Southbury, age 60 and over. Proof of residency is required annually at time of registration.
The fee for membership is $15.00 for a Southbury Resident and $25.00 for a non-Southbury Resident. Membership runs on a calendar year with renewal beginning on November 1st of each year. Membership fees are NOT pro-rated.
Registration is required to participate in most Southbury Senior Center activities, to receive the monthly newsletter, and to receive the special member fee for events, classes, activities or trips.
Guest Policy: registered members may bring guests for a fee of $2.00 per day or $5.00 per week. Guests must also be 60 years old or older. (Please Note: Depending on program/event, additional fees or Membership may be required.)
Personal Aides may not participate in programs unless they are 60 years or older and also pay a membership or guest fee.
Inclement Weather Policy
The Southbury Senior Center may be closed for inclement weather or other emergencies. In this event, an announcement will be made on WFSB-Ch. 3, WVIT-Ch. 30, and WTNH-Ch. 8. If the Center should remain open in questionable weather, consider safety issues and remain at home. Every effort is made to reschedule to a later date any event or activity that may be postponed.