Public Works Department
60 & 66 Peter Road
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
As of September 4, 2013 the Town of Southbury accepts leftover household paint containers at its Transfer Station on Kettletown Road. Residents may deposit them in the designated container.
PaintCare, a non-profit organization established by the American Coatings Association implements the State’s Paint Stewardship Program on behalf of the paint manufacturers.
There is no drop off fee for this service.
What Products are Covered?
Architectural paints are defined as interior and exterior architectural coatings sold in containers of 5 gallons or less.
- Interior and exterior architectural paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coatings)
- Deck coatings, floor paints (including elastomeric)
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen-based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
Products Not Accepted
- Aerosol paints (spray cans)
- Paint thinners, mineral spirits, solvents
- Auto and marine paints
- Art and craft paints
- Caulking compounds, epoxies, glues, adhesives
- Paint additives, colorants, tints, resins
- Wood preservatives (containing pesticides)
- Roof patch and repair
- Tar and bitumen-based products
- 2-component coatings
- Deck cleaners
- Traffic and road marking paints
- Industrial Maintenance (IM) coatings
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (shop application) paints and finishes
Note: Leaking, unlabeled and empty containers are not accepted at drop-off sites.