Everbridge is the Town of Southbury’s New Emergency Communication Tool!
Sign up to receive time-sensitive emergency and critical community alerts. You can select multiple delivery methods such as phone, text and email.
Messages will be sent to wherever you specify on a priority basis to ensure you receive the vital information you need. You will also be able to opt-in to community alerts and other general, non-emergency notifications.
Please note: if you were a previous subscriber to the Town of Southbury emergency alerts through Code Red, you will need to re-register with Everbridge to ensure that you receive emergency messages.
It is important for the public to remember that the emergency notification system is just one tool that is used to notify the public in the event of an emergency, and no one should rely on it exclusively for emergency information.
How to Sign Up?
To start registering process:
- Go to Everbridge Sign Up page
- Individuals who do not have access to text devices or a computer, or would like assistance in registering your contact information, may complete a registration form available at Southbury Town Hall or Southbury Public Library. Completed forms can be submitted to the Southbury Emergency Management office located in Town Hall on the 3rd floor.
How to Update Your Information?
- Click here to manage your profile and notification preferences.
- Southbury will continue to use its existing eblast system for routine announcements.
- The Everbridge notification system works in addition to the CT Alert system. If you already subscribe to CT Alerts, you will continue to receive notifications through that platform, however, you will need to sign up for the Southbury Everbridge Alert system as well to receive emergency notifications specific to our community.
How to View Notifications?
- Click here to to view a list of current notifications.