The Town of Southbury is hiring a full-time Floating Administrative Assistant. The position is 35 hours/week with a salary range of $20.00-$23.00/hour. The Town offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, sick and personal leave, defined contribution plan with match, medical, dental and vision insurance as well as life and long-term disability insurance.
This position reports to the First Selectman and performs administrative duties in various Town departments such as answering customer inquiries, scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence and reports and recording meeting minutes. Responsibilities vary based on the department assignment.
- Assigned to departments that are in need of assistance to perform the essential functions of the office in whatever capacity the department head may require.
- Assists with the preparation of agendas and the recording of meeting minutes for various boards and commissions.
- Maintains office files, answers and screens telephone calls, prepares spreadsheets and various reports.
- Assists the public with general questions and refers to the appropriate personnel when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Experience with computer software such as Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software programs efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and adapt to different office environments.
- Graduation from high school, at least one (1) year of college and one (1) year of related administrative experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline to submit applications is February 15, 2024.
Applications are available online. A completed application and a resume should be emailed to email@example.com or returned to the Finance Office at 501 Main Street South Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.