The Southbury Department of Public Works is hiring a Seasonal Maintainer to assist the Inside Properties division in maintaining Town buildings and facilities.
- General custodial duties such as dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and sanitizing
- Minor remodeling including repair and painting
- Minor service and repairs such as replacing lightbulbs and fixtures, fixing doors/windows and minor plumbing issues, changing air filters and machine belts, etc.
- Sorting and disposing of supplies, materials, garbage, and recycling
- Other duties as assigned by the Building Maintenance Supervisor
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Basic experience maintaining buildings and facilities
- Able to work long periods of time in varying conditions with minimal supervision
- Able to climb ladders and work in cramped spaces
- Able to move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Able to use or learn to use a variety of maintenance tools and equipment
- Mechanical abilities a plus
- Interest in and willingness to learn facilities-related disciplines and trades such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
Pay and hours:
- 40 hours/week
- Employment duration approximately May-August
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 14, 2023.
Applications are available online. A completed application and a resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to the Finance Office at 501 Main Street South Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.