The Southbury Department of Public Works is hiring Seasonal Maintainers to assist the Outside Properties division in maintaining town parks, trails, and facilities.
- Mowing lawns, fields, and trails
- Clearing/trimming brush and weeds
- Blowing and raking debris
- Weeding, maintaining, and watering gardens
- Painting signs, benches, and tables
- Removing and disposing of garbage and debris
- Other duties as assigned by the Outside Properties Foreman
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Basic experience maintaining facilities such as sports fields, yards, estates, etc.
- Able to work long periods of time in varying weather conditions with minimal supervision
- Able to move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Able to use or learn to use a variety of grounds maintenance tools and equipment
Pay and hours:
- 40 hours/week
- Employment duration approximately May-August
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 14, 2023.
Applications are available online. A completed application and a resume should be emailed to email@example.com or returned to the Finance Office at 501 Main Street South Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.