Please note that Camp Counselor positions are filled, but applications are being accepted. Applicants will receive a call to interview only if there's an opening.
Southbury Parks and Recreation Department is hiring Summer Camp Counselor for Adventure Day Camp.
Performs entry level work in the leadership of a variety of simple recreation activities for children, grades 1-5. Assists the Head Counselor, working under their close supervision to become familiar with the recreation program and the techniques and standards approved by the department. Work is subject to regular inspection and review for conformity to established methods and standards.
Recreation Supervisor, Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, Head Camp Counselor, Activities Specialists.
Campers and Counselors-in-Training (C.I.T.).
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Assists in the organization and management of campers maintaining discipline at all times
- Observes necessary precautions to secure safety of recreation participants and spectators, and renders routine first aid in case of minor injury
- Tracks and communicates the locations of campers
- Knowledge of and ability to assist in the conduct of special recreation activities such as arts & crafts, dancing, drama, and recreation sports, etc.
- Ability to plan, organize and conduct simple recreation activities
- Familiarity with the care and use of recreation equipment
- Ability to cooperate with employees and participants
- Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Must have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid for Adult and Pediatric or get certified before the start of camp.
$15.00/hour; approximately 30-40 hours a week.
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2023.
Applications are available online. Completed applications should be returned to Southbury Parks and Recreation, 561 Main Street South, Southbury or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.