Southbury Parks and Recreation Department is hiring Assistant Camp Director for Teenscape Camp.
The Assistant Camp Director is a vital part of the overall success of the program and responsible for acting as the main support to the Camp Director for TeenScape Camp, grades 6-8. The Camp Assistant Director is responsible for checking that all waiver forms for field trips are accounted for, and collects waiver forms from parents if needed.
Teenscape Camp Director, Recreation Supervisor, Director of Parks & Recreation
Camp counselors, campers, and Counselors-in-Training (C.I.T.s)
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Stimulates interest and facilitates daily activities as instructed by the Camp Director
- Daily supervision, discipline, and evaluation of Camp Counselors and campers on and off site
- Assists the Camp Director with attendance and camp forms/records, leading communications with parents at a daily pre-screening, sign in and sign out station
- Responsible for communication to parents if waiver forms are missing
- Manages invoices/payments for field trips in coordination with Director and main office
- Creates daily itinerary/lesson plan of activities, camp crafts, etc. to do when camp is not on a field trip (includes wait time before and after field trips)
- Coordinates pool schedule when TeenScape is at the Ballantine Park
- Assists the Camp Director with training/meetings as needed, including regular weekly meetings
- Maintains superior communication with staff and parents by developing and maintaining respect and cooperation
- Ensures the safety and well-being of campers by providing high quality risk management and by adhering to camp standards and town/department policies at all times
- Responsible for cleaning/disinfecting supplies, equipment and high touch surfaces as needed
- Takes on the Camp Director’s duties in the event they are unavailable
- Makes recommendations to the Camp Director regarding the Summer Camp program
- Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of two or three years as a summer camp counselor (Southbury Parks and Rec camps preferred). Must be at least 18 years of age. Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to telephone, copy machine, computer, and standard office software.
Must have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid for Adult and Pediatric, Medication Administration and Epi Pen or get certified before the start of camp.
$17.25/hour; approximately 35 hours a week
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2023.
Applications are available online. Completed applications should be returned to Southbury Parks and Recreation, 561 Main Street South, Southbury or emailed to email@example.com.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.