The Town of Southbury is hiring a full-time Project Administrator to join the Public Works Department. The position is 35 hours/week and offers a comprehensive benefits package with a salary range of $75,000-$80,000. Salary is commensurate with experience. This position assists with managing and coordinating construction and repair projects relating to Town assets such as bridges, buildings, roadways and drainage systems.
- Coordinates projects with departments and develops project specifications and requests for proposals.
- Prepares bid documents and requests (RFP/RFQ’s), coordinates and participates in pre-bid conferences, participates in vendor selections, reviews project budgets and reviews payments to vendors and contractors. Maintains project records including progress reports, financial reports and timelines.
- Assists with management of the construction of projects and assures contractor compliance.
- Assists in the preparation of plan designs and cost estimates.
- Monitors projects to assure that work is being performed as expected including work quality, cost and schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, standards and policies of design and construction, including those specific to public buildings.
- Skill in reading and interpreting engineering and architectural plans and specifications.
- Ability to prepare construction materials and labor estimates for projects.
- Skill in directing and maintaining multiple projects simultaneously consisting of a variety of contractual activity in multiple areas.
- Bachelor degree in project management, construction management, IT, accounting, engineering or related field.
- Two years of management of public works projects or equivalent.
- Knowledge of general construction methods and technology
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Click to view the full job description.
Deadline to Apply:
Position will remain open until filled.
Applications are available online. Please submit completed application and resume to Claire Morris, Finance & Human Resources Administrator, at email@example.com. They can also be returned to Fiscal Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.