Information from the Pomperaug District Department of Health.
- Due to limited resources, at this time, PDDH Phase 1b clinics will be limited to people 75 years and older.
- The clinics are by appointment only.
- We will add clinics/appointments and other groups as resources allow.
- For the latest information about the PDDH COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics, click here.
- The State of CT is setting up alternate places and phone numbers to secure appointments. More information about this can be found at: ct.gov/covidvaccine. Those without internet access can call Connecticut’s COVID Vaccine Appointment Assistance Line at 877-918-2224.
How to make an appointment:
1. All eligible vaccine recipients must schedule an appointment with this link: https://pickatime.com/PDDH/COVID-19VACCINE1b
2. Please fill out the consent form ahead of time and bring it with you to the clinic. Due to social distancing, PDDH has extremely limited space to fill out forms, so it is best to fill it our prior to coming to the clinic.
- Due to significant demand appointments will be limited to start. If you are not computer savvy, identify a trusted family member or friend who can register you online.
- While the best way to schedule an appointment is with the above link, people without computer access can call the PDDH office, on Monday – Friday. Call: 203-264-9616, extension 7.
- After you schedule your appointment utilizing the PDDH link, check your email for an appointment confirmation and/or reminder. Those emails will contain links to the forms you need. Those forms will also be available in the Download section the PDDH page http://pddh.org/downloads/
- For people who call for an appointment, the forms can be picked up at the PDDH office, located at Playhouse Corner, 77 Main Street North, Suite 205, Southbury. There will be a box of forms located outside of the office door.
3. Read the fact sheet for the Emergency Use Authorization for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
4. Bring a copy of your insurance card. PDDH can bill insurance for the administration cost of the vaccine.
- If you cannot make a copy, bring your insurance card to your appointment.
5. Arrive at the clinic for your appointed time. Plan on at least 30-45 minutes at the clinic. There will be a 15-minute waiting time after you receive your vaccine for precautionary observation.
6. You will need to schedule an appointment for a second dose at the time of your first vaccination. The second dose should be given 28 days after the first dose. Every effort should be made to obtain your second dose from the same organization that provided your first dose.