Currently 46% of Southbury households have no power. Eversource and Public Works continue working to clear roads and restore power.
As residents are in the process of cleaning up from the storm damage, they are reminded not to place their debris in the town’s right-of-way. The town will not be picking up the tree debris from the side of the road.
The Transfer Station is open at its regular hours Tuesday-Saturday, 7am-3pm for brush and tree limbs 6-in and under in diameter. Regular fees apply.
Water stations and charging stations at Town Hall and Senior Center/P&R building will remain open all night.
Outside Charging Stations (look for signs):
- Town Hall - accessed from the upper parking lot
- Senior Center/Parks and Recreation building - next to P&R entrance
Potable water (look for signs):
- Town Hall - accessed from the lower parking lot
- Senior Center - on the back of the building
- Bring your own containers