“Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” ~ William Shakespeare
RIBBON CEREMONY – TR PAUL INC.
Celebrating their move, after 40 years in Newtown, to 555 Heritage Road, Southbury. Learn more about Mary Griffith and her team of benefits specialists at: www.trpaul.com.
RIBBON CEREMONY – MINX BOUTIQUE
Owner, Angela Garofalo celebrated the recent opening of her ladies and girls’ clothing store in The Commons at 250 Main Street South. Visit them online at: www.MinxCT.com.
Are you opening a new business, or new location, or having an anniversary? Schedule a ribbon cutting by contacting the Economic Development Office at: email@example.com.
ANNOUNCING THE... SOUTHBURY CHAMBER!
Launch Event: Tuesday, September 13 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa, & Conference Center will be a complimentary Launch event specifically for Southbury business owners to learn all about what the Southbury Chamber has to offer.
Enjoy food, drinks, and networking with fellow Southbury business owners. Share your input as they develop programming to serve your business, as a network, resource, and advocate.
Register now. Learn more at www.southburychamber.com.
Read the full article here: www.rep-am.com/local/localnews/2022/08/17/southbury-chamber-joins-with-waterbury.
INTRODUCING THE… SOUTHBURY GIFT CARD!
Southbury.com has partnered with local gift card company, Giverrang, to bring you the Southbury Gift Card. This is a Mastercard-powered gift card that can be used at almost any business only in Southbury. It’s our way of helping to lift our local economy and support local businesses. To learn more, visit www.southbury.com.
COMING IN 2023
Coming in 2023 to the Southbury Plaza, 100 Main Street North ~ Michaels.
- Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa & Conference Ctr. ~ multiple positions: HR@Heritagesouthbury.com.
- Leisure Time of Southbury ~ Ski & Snowboard Sales Staff and Pool Tech. Call 203-264-8999.
- Hudson’s Café & Bistro ~ Servers and Baristas E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring? Post your openings at Work in Southbury.
Southbury has a new Emergency Communication Tool. Sign-up and learn more at www.southbury-ct.org/emergency-notifications.
2ND ANNUAL "SOUTHBURY SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA"
This is the BIGGEST Summer giveaway event of the year with 40+ prizes from local businesses and we want you to WIN! FREE to register - starts on Friday, September 2nd and ends on the 16th. Visit www.southbury.com to learn more and for your chance to win!
WHAT’S NEW FOR FALL?
Fall will be here before we know it! What does your business have planned for the season?
In our continuing effort to #SupportCTBusinesses, we want to share what you’re doing with residents and local visitors on CTvisit.com, social media, and through public relations.
Share what’s exciting, new, or different for fall at your property or event, including:
- Halloween happenings (e.g., haunted houses, jack-o-lantern walks)
- Seasonal favorites (e.g., pumpkin picking, leaf peeping, apple picking)
- New or unique outdoor activities or events for families and adults (e.g., country fairs, outdoor food festivals, parades, music festivals, multicultural festivals)
- New or unique indoor activities or events for families and adults (e.g., exhibits, shows, tours, art events, performances)
- Culinary offerings (e.g., outdoor dining with foliage views, seasonal specials or events)
Share your thoughts—and any photos or videos—with CTVisit.WebEditor@ct.gov.
This tool will make it easier for you to share images and videos with us, even if they are large files. Share your images with us today!
- Your company is doing hiring all wrong. Finding the right people is everything. New technology can help. Article
- How should I reject a job applicant for being rude? Article
- Millennials in CT opted for office jobs. Will Gen Z choose manufacturing? Article
SOUTHBURY OFFICE OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Past Economic Development Newsletters
- Don’t miss any economic development news. Sign-up here: e-alerts
- Starting a Business in Southbury? Start here with the Economic Development Commercial Query form.
- Economic Development Articles