“The image of a community is fundamentally important to its economic well-being.” ~ Ed McMahon
JULY'S RIBBON CUTTINGS
Brightside Nutrition celebrated One Year Anniversary at 220 Main Street South!
Alexandra Lin’s Acupuncture Center grand reopening at 3 Pomperaug Office Park Suite #104.
Mission Salad celebrated One Year Anniversary at 775 Main St South (Southbury Green).
Hudson’s Café & Bistro, officially celebrates being at 466 Heritage Road.
OTHER NEW BUSINESSES OPENINGS
- Arelis Nails at 316 Main Street South
- Sonny’s Asian Grinders and More at 760 Main Street South
UPCOMING RIBBON CUTTINGS IN AUGUST
- August 1 at 2pm: Optimum Performance at 325 Main Street S #4
- August 8 at 10am: TR Paul Inc. at 555 Heritage Road
- August 23 at 12pm: MINX Boutique at 250 Main Street South
Are you opening a new business, or new location, or having an anniversary? Schedule a ribbon cutting by contacting the Economic Development Office at: email@example.com.
Blossoming Minds at 690 Main Street South (rear) – Enroll now for the Fall at: blossomingmindscenter.com.
Julio's Wood Fired Pizza & Grill is hiring Service Bartenders and Servers. Contact Allyson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-264-7878.
If your business is hiring, post openings at Work in Southbury.
RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
Congratulations to Southbury resident, and CEO & Chairman of Minority Equality Opportunities Acquisitions Inc. (MEOA) on being honored with the 2022 Pinehurst Invitational Leadership Award. This distinguished business award was given in recognition of Mr. Rochester’s innovative efforts to educate business leaders about and mobilize individuals, organizations and capital providers to help close the wealth gap.
Riverview Cinemas at 690 Main St South. Buy online at: Buy Tickets.
Supported by the Connecticut Department of Economic & Community Development, the Connecticut Small Business Boost Fund is a one-stop shop for business owners to access flexible working capital and get support and guidance before, during and after the loan application process.
QUALIFYING BUSINESSES AND NONPROFITS MUST HAVE:
- Operations in Connecticut
- No more than 100 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Annual revenues of less than $8 million
- Been in operation for at least one year prior to the date of application
- A small amount of financing is available for start-up businesses
- Borrow between $5,000 and $500,000 (subject to eligibility)
- Fixed 4.5% interest rate
- 60- and 72-month loan terms depending on loan size
- No origination fees
LOAN USE IS FLEXIBLE:
- Utilities & rent
- Marketing & advertising
- Building renovations
- Eligible refinancing
- Other expenses
To pre-apply go to: ctsmallbusinessboostfund.org.
- The pandemic changed the labor market. Now employers need to change too. Article
- Don't sleep on job descriptions. It might just be the reason top talent is scrolling right by Article
SOUTHBURY OFFICE OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Past Economic Development Newsletters
- Don’t miss any economic development news. Sign-up here: e-alerts
- Starting a Business in Southbury? Start here with the Economic Development Commercial Query form.
- Economic Development Articles