501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Affordable Housing Plan
The Town of Southbury completed work on an Affordable Housing Plan (AHP) as mandated by the State of Connecticut. The AHP was officially adopted on May 24, 2022 by the Planning Commission. Portions of this plan will be included in the Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD), however the Affordable Housing Plan is a stand-alone document. View the press release.
The process of creating the AHP was overseen by the Planning Commission, the staff of the Land Use Department and Cheshire-based consulting firm, SLR International Corporation.
The final plan was adopted at the Special Meeting of the Planning Commission on May 24, 2022.
Click to view the Affordable Housing Plan.
The virtual workshop took place on February, 24, 2022 via Zoom. Click to view the recording of the workshop.
This virtual event:
- provided background and educational information on housing affordability concepts, an overview of relevant Southbury demographics and housing data, an analysis of current affordable housing, and housing needs in Southbury
- highlighted key themes and responses of the online community survey held from January 18 to February 8
- presented and explained the strategy options, with case studies provided
- gave participants a chance to give input, via live polling, on preferred strategies for Southbury's approach for adding new affordable housing
- gave participants a chance to ask question in a Q&A session
From January 18 to February 8, 2022, Southbury residents and business owners had an opportunity to submit their input for the new Affordable Housing Plan. Results were presented at a virtual workshop on February 24, 2022.
Affordable Housing Information
Click to open Creating Southbury's Affordable Housing Plan webpage in a new window.