350th Anniversary Community Quilt Project
Official Rules and Information
Title: Community Quilt Project
Start date: Immediate
Submission deadline: September 1st , 2023
Cost to enter: Free
In honor of Southbury's 350th Anniversary, the Arts & Culture Subcommittee is calling on residents to contribute quilt squares that will be assembled and presented at the end of year.
Rules for Entry:
- You must be a current resident of Southbury to participate.
- The Arts & Culture team will provide participants with a free, standard-sized blank square of fabric to quilt. Fabric squares will be distributed upon request, by completing the form below.
- The theme of the quilt is “home sweet home Southbury”, and the squares submitted should reflect what makes Southbury such a special place to live. This is a broad theme
and participants are encouraged to be creative as long as the final outcome is “quiltable” and community appropriate.
- The quilt squares must be created with fabric and textile techniques (traditional quilting, applique, embroidery, thread art, etc). Fabric marker cannot be the primary material for decoration, but can be used for small details and embellishments. Please allow a ¼ inch seam allowance in your design.
- The Arts & Culture Subcommittee reserves the right to exclude submissions that are inappropriate or violate community standards.
- By participating, you agree to have photos of your submission shared on the Town website, social media and in event-related promotional materials. If you would like your name omitted from these publications, please specify it in the Community Quilt Square Submission form, which will be provided with the square.
- For questions, ideas or guidance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Square for 350th Quilt
Please note, you will receive an email when the squares are ready to be picked up.