The Town of Southbury, through its association with the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM), has enrolled in the ProAct Discount Card Program to provide uninsured and underinsured residents substantial savings on prescription medicines.
The Town of Southbury Prescription Drug Discount Card provides immediate economic relief at the pharmacy counter for Southbury residents any time their prescription is not covered by insurance. The Discount Card Program offers the following features and benefits:
- Anyone can participate regardless of age or income
- All prescription medications are covered
- Pet prescriptions that can be filled at a pharmacy are covered
- There is no cost to the municipality or to participating residents
- Cost savings average 45%
- Over 63,000 pharmacies participate nationwide, including CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Stop and Shop, Big Y, and many independent pharmacies;
- Discounts are also offered on other medical services including vision, hearing and Lasik services.
Each household in Southbury should have received a “Town of Southbury Prescription Discount Card” by direct mail in early May which they may use at any participating retail pharmacy. Cards may be used by all town residents regardless of age, income or existing health coverage. There are no enrollment forms, membership fees, restrictions or limits on frequency of use for residents. Cardholders and their family members are encouraged to use the cards any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.
Cards may also be printed by visiting CTRxDiscountCard.com, and selecting Southbury from the drop-down menu. Additional cards are also be available at Town Hall at the First Selectman’s Office, the Town Clerk’s Office and the Assessor/Tax Collector Office, in the Community Building at the Senior Center and the Parks and Recreation Offices, at the Southbury Public Library Front Desk and at the Heritage Village Activities Building.
Please click here for more information about the ProAct Discount Card Program.