Economic Development Commission
Shop Local on Small Business Saturday, November 24, 2018
The Southbury Economic Development Commission (EDC) is running its 2018 Shop Local Campaign during the American Express Small Business Saturday. The event is taking place on November 24th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Submit your Southbury businesses (including online ones) to be part of this event. Click here for more information.
- Sign up at ShopSmall.com/GetReady to receive customized promotional materials (pens, posters, balloons, buttons and more) to advertise the event in your store! American Express provides these materials at no cost to you.
- Southbury EDC will be running a Passport Contest. Visit as many merchants as you can on Small Business Saturday and ask each participating merchant for a sticker for your passport. The customer with the most stickers on their passport has a chance to win one a $150 gift card, courtesy of the Southbury Economic Development Commission. 2nd prize ($100 card) and 3rd prize ($50 card) will also be awarded this year.
- Click to view detailed rules of the contest.
- Obtain a passport from a participating Southbury merchant* or the EDC booth outside of the former LaBonne’s. The booth will be open from 8 am to 12 pm.
- *A participating merchant is one who has signed up for the Shop Local program with the Southbury EDC and given their consent to participate.
- Local businesses will also be offering treats, discounts, coupons and deals to make your visit special.
- Businesses will also be giving away the 2018 version of our Shop Local reusable bags!
- Click to view a list of participating merchants.
Follow the Southbury EDC on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SouthburyEDC for updates. Follow your favorite merchants on Facebook to learn about their plans for the special day!
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos from 2017 Shop Local Event