561 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
All Senior Center activities and trips are cancelled until further notice. Transportation will continue for medical appointments only.
Grocery Brigade for Seniors
The Town of Southbury Senior Services, with the help of the Knights of Columbus, is offering the shopping and delivery of groceries to be conducted Monday through Friday.
Important information for senior:
- As our numbers and demand grow, it is important for you to place an order that will last you for two weeks. We will not be able to shop for you more frequently than every 2 weeks. Orders placed prior to 2 weeks will be rejected.
- Changes to your list after the order is submitted is not permitted.
- Due to a high volume of orders, the current turnaround is 3-4 days.
- You will receive a phone call a day before we shop for your order.
- On the day of delivery, you will get a phone call with the cost of the groceries.
- Please write your check and either tape it to the outside of your door or place it under your doormat.
- We are only accepting checks payable to the Town of Southbury and no tips are accepted.
- We cannot use food stamps.
- Please remain in your house until after the volunteer has left.
Orders will not be accepted from Watermark and Pomperaug Woods. We encourage you to seek staff at your facility for grocery assistance.
Due to the number of seniors we are serving, if you have family locally that can shop for you, we greatly appreciate you asking them for help in order to assist us to help seniors that do not have family locally.
Orders can also be made by calling the new Grocery Brigade Hotline at 475-207-5504. Please leave your name and number on this line and a volunteer will call you back.
Please fill out the form below to submit your grocery needs.
After you submit your groceries, the confirmation number and the summary of you submission will be shown on this page. That is your proof that we have received your order.
To help our volunteer shoppers to shop for you, PLEASE type your items as a list or separate them with a comma. Thank you!