January 13, 2021
(Updated August 31, 2021)
In response to the ongoing public health emergency related to COVID-19, the Region 22 Probate District notifies the public of the following updates to Court operations:
1. Court operations continue during normal business hours as they have throughout the pandemic: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. The Court is closed during all legal holidays observed by the Town of Southbury.
2. No one will be permitted to enter the building unless they are wearing a proper face covering at all times as set forth in the Governor’s Executive Order 7BB and the Lieutenant Governor’s order 7NNN. Exceptions will not be allowed for any reason.
3. Participation in hearings and status conferences is limited to telephone or Webex only, as directed in the hearing notice. In-person attendance is not permitted, even for protected persons. Call the Court phone number at the time of the scheduled hearing or status conference for instructions. THE COURT WILL NOT CALL PARTIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF HEARING PARTICIPATION.
4. Hearings outside of the Court, such as in nursing homes and private residences, are suspended until further notice.
5. These operations items are specific for this Court only.
6. This situation is subject to change at any time. Please check this website regularly for updates.
The mission of Region 22 Probate District is to be responsive to the needs of those who utilize court services and to serve all with respect and compassion.