Economic Development Commission
Small Business Saturday Passport Contest Rules
To celebrate Shop Local/Small Business Saturday, the Southbury EDC will be running a Passport Contest for a chance to win a gift card to a participating business in our Shop Local promotion.
- Customers must obtain a passport from a participating Southbury merchant or pick one up from the Southbury EDC booth on November 24. The EDC booth will be located at 150 Main Street South (in old LaBonne’s parking lot) and open from 8 am to 1 pm.
- Customers can visit as many merchants as they can on Small Business Saturday and ask each participating merchant for a sticker for their passport. The customer with the most stickers on their passport has a chance to win a gift card, courtesy of the Southbury Economic Development Commission. Three prizes are being offered this year: 1st prize is a $150 gift card, 2nd prize is a $100 card and 3rd prize is a $50 card. Only one card per winner. Gift cards must be to participating merchants only. No purchase necessary.
- A participating merchant is one who has signed up for Shop Local program with the Southbury EDC and given their consent to participate. Other merchants, even if part of the AMEX Small Business Saturday program do not qualify towards the gift card contest. (View the list of participating merchants.)
- All entries must be on the official 2018 #ShopSmall Southbury Passport and stickers on the passport must match the program’s stickers.
- Members of the Southbury Economic Development Commission and their family members are not eligible to be part of the contest.
- In case of a tie, the entries with the most qualifying stickers will be picked at random.
- All entries for the gift card contest must be received at Southbury Town Hall by 4:30 pm on December 5. Winner will be contacted by December 7.
- More than one passport may be submitted but they must belong to only one individual. The entrant’s name and contact information must be clearly and legibly printed on the front of the passport. Entries with incomplete or unreadable name and email/phone information will be deemed invalid. Passports may be folded and/or stapled to make them more deliverable.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- Must be age 18 years or older to participate.
Passports may be brought to the Southbury First Selectman’s office or mailed to:
Southbury Economic Development Commission
Southbury Town Hall
501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
All Decisions of the Southbury Economic Development Commission regarding this contest are final.