In February 28, 2017 Special State Election, electors will be voting for State Senator to fill vacancy for the 32nd Senatorial District.
The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
- All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
- February 21 - The last day to register to vote BY MAIL and ONLINE. (Click to go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.)
- February 27, Noon - The last day to register to vote IN PERSON.
- Election Day Voter Registration is not available for Special Election.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.
If you don’t know if you are registered to vote, you can look it up at Voter Registration Lookup website.
- Voters must provided identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).