In November 8th election, electors will be voting for US President, US Senator, US Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Representative and Southbury Registrar of Voters.
The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
- All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
- November 1: Deadline to Register in person, by mail and online
Hand delivered registrations must be received by the registrars by this date and mailed registrations must be postmarked by this date. Online registrations are considered as “mailed” registrations. (Click to go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.)
- November 1: Registration Cut-off
Southbury Registrars of Voters will be open till 8:00pm. This is the last regular session for electors who are18 years of age, U.S. citizens, or residents of Southbury.
- November 7: Limited Registration Session
Last day to register if you have become 18 years of age, become a citizen, are servicemen discharged within the past year or moved to Southbury since November 1. The office will be open till 5:00pm.
- November 8: Election Day Registration
This is available to those who are a U.S. citizens, 18 years of age and a bona fide resident of the municipality. Identification is required - the voter must prove their identity and residence. For the greatest convenience voters are encouraged to register by the appropriate deadlines whenever possible. Election Day voter registration will take place at Southbury Town Hall in room 105. ELECTORS MUST COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS BY 8:00 PM. All same day applicants MUST cast the ballot immediately after registration. Click to view more information.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.
If you don’t know if you are registered to vote, you can look it up at Voter Registration Lookup website.
- Southbury Senior Services offers transportation for Southbury residents age 60+ and those with disabilities. If you need a ride to the polling place, please call 203-262-0652 to reserve the ride. Reservations must be made no later than 10:00 AM on Friday, November 4th.
- Voters must provided identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).
- Southbury Town Clerk Office, Senior Services and Public Library will be closed for regular business on Election Day.