The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
- All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6AM - 8PM.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
- The last date to change party affiliation (from one party to another) to vote in the Primary was January 26.
- April 21 The last date to register to vote and for unaffiliated voters to join a party ONLINE. (Click to go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.)
- April 25, Noon: The last date to register to vote and for unaffiliated voters to join a party IN PERSON at Town Hall. (Click for Southbury Registrar of Voters' Location and Hours.)
- Election Day Voter Registration is NOT available for Primaries.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.
If you don’t know if you are registered to vote, you can look it up at Voter Registration Lookup website.
- This Presidential Primary is for Republican and Democratic parties.
- Only registered Republicans and Democrats can vote in this Presidential Primary.
- In Connecticut, a voter must be a member of a political party in order to vote in that party’s primary. Meaning, a registered Democrat can only vote in the Democratic primary and a registered Republican can only vote in the Republican Primary. An unaffiliated voter (term used to refer to voters who are not registered with any political party) needs to join a Democratic or Republican party in order to vote in their Primaries.
- Southbury Community Services offers transportation for Southbury residents age 60+ and those with disabilities. If you need a ride to the polling place, please call 203-262-0652 to reserve the ride. Reservations must be made no later than 10:00 AM on Monday, April 25th.
- Voters must provided identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).