Veterans Discharge

All veterans who served during War Time are eligible for a reduction on the assesed value of their property, if they own property in town, or on their motor vehicle if they do not own property in town, by recording their DD-214 (Discharge Papers) in the Town Clerk's Office.  These are then forwarded on to the Assessor's Office to be applied to your taxes.  The cut-off date is October 1st in order to affect your following July's tax bill.

Veteran's exemption information.

Duplicate copies of DD-214's can be obtained by requesting and completing a Standard Form (SF-180), Request Pertaining to Military Records, to the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.  The form may be obtained by calling (800) 827-1000.

Further information can be found by going to the following websites:

How to request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service.

Information - Form SF-180.