Registrar of Voters
501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Important Information for Southbury Voters for 2017
Municipal Election - November 7, 2017
- Election for Town Officials
- Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
- Click to view 2017 Municipal Election sample ballot.
- October 31: Deadline to Register IN PERSON, BY MAIL and ONLINE
Hand delivered registrations must be received by the registrars by this date and mailed registrations must be postmarked by this date. Online registrations are considered as “mailed” registrations. (Click to go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.)
- October 31: Registration Cut-off
The office will be open till 8:00pm. This is the last regular session for electors who are 18 years of age, U.S. citizens, and residents of Southbury.
- November 6: Limited Registration Session
Last day to register if you have become 18 years of age, become a citizen, are servicemen discharged within the past year or moved to Southbury since October 31. The office will be open till 5:00pm.
- November 7: Election Day Registration
This is available to those who are a U.S. citizens, 18 years of age and a bona fide resident of the municipality. Identification is required - the voter must prove their identity and residence. For the greatest convenience electors are encouraged to register by the appropriate deadlines whenever possible. Election Day voter registration will take place at Southbury Town Hall in room 208. ELECTORS MUST COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS BY 8:00 PM. All same day applicants MUST cast the ballot immediately after registration.
All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6AM - 8PM.
The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
Voters must provide identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S. Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).
Absentee Ballots: click for information and application forms.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.