Parks and Recreation
561 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Code of Conduct & Participation Commitment
I Pledge To:
- Learn the rules of the sport so that I may be a better player, coach and fan.
- Play by the rules of the game.
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating only positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every event.
- Make only positive comments to all players, coaches, and officials.
- Support the drug and tobacco-free environment that is important for all youth sporting events.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to participate, have fun, play fairly and improve skills while displaying good sportsmanship.
- To respect the facilities that I will be participating in/on, and will also adhere to all safety guidelines.
I Pledge Not To:
- Ever use profanity or vulgar language at a Southbury Parks and Recreation sponsored event.
- Use any abusive language or gestures towards the coaches, players, or officials.
- Touch an opposing player, coach, parent or game official in a threatening manner.
- Display or demonstrate any unsportsmanlike conduct such as; throwing equipment, trash talking, or obscene gestures.
This commitment must be signed by every player, parent of a player and coach who wishes to participate/attend any Southbury Parks & Recreation event.
A player’s form must be signed by the player and his/her parent/guardian. Violation of the code may result in disqualification, or any appropriate action as warranted by the Southbury Parks & Recreation Department.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT - SIGNATURE REQUIRED
(Note: All fields are required. A typed name will substitute for a handwritten signature.)